To comply with the Joint Commission of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) National Patient Safety Goal 3B, the infusion information has been removed from the Broselow Tape.
The Broselow tape is based on the relationship between weight and length across all ages; each color zone estimates the 50th percentile weight for length, which for practical purposes estimates the ideal body weight (IBW) for emergency dosing. The 2011 version of the Broselow Tape incorporates revised length weight zones based on the most recent National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES) data set.
Consistent with recent published concerns about the accuracy of the Broselow Tape to predict actual weight in an increasingly obese pediatric population, this newest edition incorporates both updated zones and a simple weight prediction adjustment method that retains its simple and practical approach.
• The latest Broselow tapes have been much expanded to include more information
• Helps to determine drug dosages for seizure ICP, Overdose, Resuscitation & Defibrillation
• Incorporates Glasgow Coma Scale & Paediatric Trauma Scoring
• Lists infusions, fluids and paralysing agents
• Colour zones list recommended equipment and suggested sizes
• Rapidly estimates weight based upon height